Inspiration for a DIY potluck wedding on a budget
Some say that styled shoots are unrealistic because most brides could never afford to pull off the looks portrayed. Today’s inspiration shoot from Jamie Bearg Photography will prove that’s not always true! She put together this shoot to help couples on a budget ($8000, to be exact). It was inspired by romantic brides and modern grooms who want to combine their styles and host a gorgeous wedding on a slim budget without everything being DIY.
This couple has a romantic for a bride and a groom who loves the sleek modern look of things. However, they both share the love of music! When given a slim budget of $8,000 for their wedding, they knew that they would have to be creative and utilize the things that they already had and the helping hands of friends and family.
Cost breakdown based on a wedding with 80 guests:
- Venue: Free (Friend of the family’s property)
- Dress: Wtoo Brides by Watters (on sale for $599)
- Dinner: $1000 (provided beverages and chicken for their guests, while family and friends made/provide the other food as a potluck style dinner of the bride and groom’s favorite recipes)
- Tables/Chairs: They chose square kings tables and safari chairs, which are both upgrades. They could have saved a lot of money here if they chose something slightly different. However, they chose to splurge on these items to give it a more luxurious feel… prices coming in at: 10 kings tables: $150; 80 safari chairs: $480; cushions for chair: $156
- Linens for tables (basic ivory cotton linen): $200
- Napkins: $58
- Flatware: $384
- Plates (10″ and 6″): $260
- Flowers: $1200
- Photographer: $2000
- Photobooth props: Printed from a “free printables” link online
- Platters: Free… gifts from the wedding shower
- Grand Total: $6488.00… leaving $1512 for odds and ends!
- Photographer: Jamie Bearg Photography
- Equipment Rentals: Classic Party Rentals
- Dress Store: Mira Bridal Couture
- Invitation Designer: Page & Mason Invitations
- Dress Designer: Wtoo Brides by Watters
- Submitted via Two Bright Lights
Subscribe to our weekly emails to get the latest wedding inspiration sent directly to your inbox!